1. Explore the economic benefits of legalizing recreational marijuana at Investopedia.
2. Consider the Cato Institute’s analysis of claims made by both sides of the recreational marijuana debate.
3. Analyze the con position of emergency physician Dr. Gregory Shangold.
4. Consider how you felt about the issue before reading this article. After reading the pros and cons on this topic, has your thinking changed? If so, how? List two to three ways. If your thoughts have not changed, list two to three ways your better understanding of the “other side of the issue” now helps you better argue your position.
5. Push for the position and policies you support by writing US national senators and representatives.