- Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief at The Jist
- Pro to the question "Should Recreational Marijuana Be Legal?"
“There is no way to argue with the cold hard facts of the economic boom that states such as Colorado and Washington have experienced since the legalization and taxation of recreational marijuana…
As of September 2015, weed in Colorado was generating almost double the amount of tax revenue when compared to alcohol ($70 million to $42 million). Similarly, in Washington, the first year of legalization racked up an incredible $82 million in tax revenue.
Colorado has spent the money on a number of programs aimed at improving the standards of education and health in the state. These include school construction, marijuana education, anti-bullying campaigns, public school grants, youth mentoring, drug abuse and treatment, and grants to the Future Farmers of America. All of this has been paid for by the legalization of cannabis over a year in 1 state.”
“The Economic and Social Benefits of Taxing Marijuana,” thejist.co.uk, Sep. 26, 2017
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief, The Jist, Apr. 2017-present
- Writer and editor, Casa magazine, Sep. 2016-present
- Freelance writer and Sponsorship Coordinator, CloudTweaks Media Services Inc., Sep. 2016-present
- LLB, Law and Politics, Queens University Belfast
- Contact Info:
- Twitter handle: @Give_Me_TheJist
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Recreational Marijuana Be Legal?